Thursday, May 25, 2006

Introduction

Some years ago, I happened to write a report on local blogging for a newspaper. I read several local blogs, met a few bloggers and, to verify my instructions to readers on how to start a blog, actually created one here at blogspot by the same name. It had just one entry, a one-liner to complete the process.

Then came the Iraq war and I was fascinated by Salam Pax the blogger who gave us a perspective from inside Baghdad as the bombs fell, quite apart from the perspectives of journalists on the ground.Although I was interested, other pursuits occupied me. But here I am now.

I am not sure where this will go, but the plan is to write on a variety of topics. I itch when I see a bad argument. This blog is my chance to scratch when I see one. My hobbies, and commentaries on topics that interest me also fit into what I want to do.

Let's see where it goes.

Post Note:
Last night when I was trying to log into my blog ( I had created a new one recently), I accidentally found my old blog - the one mentioned above. I had thought it was gone, after so long. So I've now copied the few entries here and will use this.

1 Comments:

At 6:51 am GMT+8, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you started writing what you want, not what you are told to do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home